Iron Man

Tom Fency tomfency at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 19 06:13:15 CST 2005

I like Iron Man a lot... I remember till now the very first day I listen
to... that sound so beautiful, kinda church thing, evangelical stuff… maybe
for that reason people don't like it... the sound ain't pop or rock, it's
more to jazz, blues and even gospel sometimes... but great songs there...
beginning with the epic song I Won't Run Any More (great power chords
there), the funny Over the Top (with John Lee Hooker), the sweetness of
Friend Is a Friend, the electronic power (great synthesizer work there) of I
Eat Heavy Metal (with John Lee Hooker again) passing through the beautiful
gospel All Shall Be Well, the romantics of Was There Life and Fool Says
(great acoustic work there), the super atonal and vanguardist Fast Food
(with Nina Simone), the power trio of Fire and ending with the gospel New
Life/Reprise... I like very much, it's beautiful, it's different, and has
deep meaning, rationalizing about the western societies... the duality of
materialism (the Iron Man) and hedonism (the dragon) and how to survive
healthy to this antagonism, exerting temperance (when the Iron Man defeats
the dragon). Summarizing, I love Iron Man.

Tom