Recent Who references in sports

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Mon Jan 17 14:38:36 CST 2005

> From: Imonecmw at aol.com
> Date: January 16, 2005 6:56:29 PM CST
> To: thewho at igtc.com
>
> The New England Patriots, defending Super Bowl champs, weren't given a
> snowball's chance in hell of beating the Colts today, not even by the
> New  England
> press.  With 38 seconds left and a score of 20 Patriots, 3 Colts,  the
> stadium
> loudspeaker blared "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss".   Heh.

I noticed that!  I also noticed (no Who content following, hit delete
now) that in the post-show interview, Bonnie Infobabe from the network
interviewed the losing coach, Tony Dungy, and asked him when his plans
went "awe-ree" (awry).  I about lost it :-D.  (Tony didn't even notice,
he just recited the usual answer.)

Cheers,
Alan McKendree
Townshend, 1967