Where we all at, at the moment?

Jim Meninno jim_meninno at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 16 08:35:56 CST 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Schrade"

> I mean....I like WBN.  But I understand why a lot of people don't.  If the
> new
> album's main comparison is to WBN then it'll be a throwaway album & won't
> cause hardly a stir within the rock community.

That was supposed to be a best case scenerio!  People will probably compare
it to Face Dances.

> Again, too little too late.  And a little is *not* enough at this
> juncture, IMO
> We get "a little" from Pete's solo efforts.  This is The Who.  Or, is it?

I meant a little excitement on our parts is enough, at this point.

We've been hearing about a new album for years.  There has to be a
boy-who-cried-wolf effect.  Plus, the two new songs give us at least some
idea of what this band will sound like on a record.  Let's face it, a lot of
the wonder has been removed and now we're sort of waiting for the other shoe
to drop.  I won't be worried unless I hear the album and still am not
excited.

As far as the album causing "a stir", forget it.  I don't care *how* good it
is.  And, I'd much rather have a great album that doesn't get noticed than a
medicre one that poeple talk about.

Let's take your frequent benchmark for publicity in Rock and Roll, The
Rolling Stones, for example.  I actually have no idea when they released
their latest album.  I know they've had some live albums and some new tracks
on compilations, Don't Stop being the only one I can name.  If the Rolling
Stones don't get the attention of casual fans like me, then The Who are not
going to be causing a stir among anoyone but devoted fans, like all of us
here.  And, selfishly, I'm fine with that.

Jim M