Zak's New Album

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 11 20:13:12 CST 2005

Repost from TheShout:

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000748693

Edited By Jonathan Cohen. January 07, 2005, 3:30 PM ET

Sixth Oasis Album Due In May

In an interview this morning (Jan. 7) with BBC Radio 1's Jo Whiley, Oasis
guitarist Noel Gallagher revealed that May 16 will be the international
release date of the band's sixth studio set, its first since 2002's "Heathen
Chemistry." Gallagher said the Epic album is finished and has a title, but
he declined to unveil it.

The album will feature 12 songs written by all four current members -- Noel,
singer Liam Gallagher, bassist Andy Bell and guitarist Gem Archer. Among the
tracks Noel said will appear on the album are "The Importance of Being
Idle," "Guess God Thinks I'm Able" and "Part of the Queue."

"It's my favorite one of the last four," Gallagher said of the album,
"Because we're all contributing to the songwriting now, there's a different
feel to it. The only songs that actually sound like Oasis are Andy Bell's."

Gallagher added that the group hasn't yet decided on an initial single.
"There was an obvious first single," he said, "but I was singing it. After
12 years of Oasis, Liam thought that might sound a bit odd; people might
think he'd have left the band."

Oasis has already confirmed three outdoor stadium shows for this summer in
the United Kingdom: June 29 in Glasgow, July 2 in Manchester, England, and
July 9 in London. Additional tour plans have yet to be announced.