Where we all at, at the moment?

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Sun Jan 9 17:07:17 CST 2005

> From: "Kevin O'Neal" <kevinandt at gmavt.net>
> Date: January 8, 2005 9:18:33 PM CST
>
>> That's really cool.
>
> "That's unbelievable, if true."  (Like that, Alan?  ;-)

I do :-).  Thanks for the shout-out.  I too am having trouble mustering
much excitement over The Who's future plans.  If they tour, they tour.
I'll definitely want to see some number of shows, but do I see myself
going to the extreme (for me) lengths of the past?  No.  John's still
dead, and unfortunately for me, a hefty portion of the ecstasy of a Who
show, for me, went with him.  Not all of it, but enough that I'm
already starting to think of the great times I had with The Who and my
Who-friends as in the past.  I may be getting old.  An acquaintance
said to me last week, "The number is 70.  Subtract your age.  That's
years.  How many months is that?  How many days?  How many hours?  What
do you want to get done before those hours are gone?  What are you
doing *this* hour to achieve it?"

And I *haven't* been drinking.  Better get to work on that. Happy New
Year, if I haven't mentioned it.

Cheers,
Alan McKendree
Townshend, 1967