Hitting the Big Time

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 26 13:17:53 CST 2005

>Most "half Who fans" think The Who became a bit of a joke once they hit
the big time.  Gone was their precious "singles era."

This is the current reigning philosophy, though, isn't it?  I understand
that most kids think a band has sold out once they sign a recording
contract.

There's a bit of discussion about the recodring industry going on at
SohoDoorway and somebody mentioned Doonsbury's take on it in this week's
strip.

http://www.doonesbury.com/

Click today's strip on the right side of the page and it gives you a
calendar to go back and read the week's contribution. I think I detect a bit
of sarcasm.

;)
keets