DVD info

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 21 06:11:29 CST 2005

Message: 12
    Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 02:50:05 -0000
    From: "rockwho02" <rockwho02 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: dvd burning question

--- In Relayers at yahoogroups.com, "hentgeezer" <hentgeezer at y...> wrote
>>I prefer discs made with the Ritek dye (G04, G05, M02, etc), as it

>>Ritek make discs for other people who then brand the disc as their
>own.

I had experimented alot in the beginnig (around 2001) and I also
wound up finding that the Ritek brand discs (DVD-R is the only type I
use) are the most reliable.I found the best prices at Meritline.com.
Since I trade alot,I have gotten alot of feedback and most traders
have better luck with the dvd-r over dvd+r.

http://www.meritline.com/8x-dvd-r-blank-media-dvdr-discs-disc.html

>however Datawrite with the Fuji dye types are okay (FUJIFILM03, etc)

Best Buy sells FujiFilm brand 8x DVD-R discs from time to time - 50
pack for $19.99 if they have the rebate sale going on, which is
often, you just have to keep an eye out.

>The reason I don't burn +R discs for myself, is that both my standalone
>DVD's players prefer -R (that is to say, the manufacturers state they are
>-R players, even tho, they will play +R discs!).

The same goes for me with my stand alone players, as well as my pc
dvd rom player.I thought it was the PowerDVD software but even when I
use the default Windows Media Player, the DVD+R burned discs will
often NOT play.

Marc

Message: 13