The Who Mailing List Digest, V12 #24

David.Marshall at international.gc.ca David.Marshall at international.gc.ca
Tue Feb 15 09:56:30 CST 2005

Hi,
Out of the shadows I come with a tidbit that may (or may not) be off interest to us all. I get a regular update e-mail from a source in Japan that supplies high-quality "unofficial" recordings both CD and dvd and this was in the latest one I got, complete with some grammatical errors.
Does anyone have any information on this, is it new or is it old hat to the experts on the list (WF?). Here it is:

"The Who - Live At The Railway Hotel(1CD)  A show recorded before they were
named the Who. This tape comes from a  private collector. It's a rough
recording but rather unique, because there's not too much High Numbers stuff
around. The box that holds the  tape mentioned Railway Tavern. A name that
was used for the same place many years later. This is maybe an attempt to a
possible release of the show in the late seventies. It was done in the
Trident Studio's. The instrumental tracks were recorded in a studio in the
same period."
cheers
Dave M