Any Real Discussion?

Frate, Chris (EM, PTL) chris.frate at penske.com
Sun Feb 13 14:30:41 CST 2005

I gotta agree about the Green Day record. I haven't had a non-Who CD in my car for this many repeated listenings in about 20 years. I saw a great article that compared the album more to a "Quick One" than "Tommy" or "Quadrophenia" because there are multiple "mini-operas". The really remarkable thing for me is that the music is so powerful and the passion is so palpable that I love the record even though the lyrics are a bit counter to my own views. As the Godfather of Rock Opera I keep waiting to hear what Pete has to say about it, but I haven't seen any statements yet.

-Chris in Cleveland