Frosty Houston

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Sun Feb 13 13:09:23 CST 2005

> I know there's nothing overt, so it's entirely possible I'm reading way too
> much into it.  But, I definitely don't think it's as complimentary as you're
> making out.

I gotta go on record as saying I completely disagree with this "frosty Houston"
theory you (and Keets) are suggesting.  I think you're completely misinterpreting
the "However Much I Booze" exchange.  Houston '75 is one of the most jovial
& good-humored Who shows I've ever seen - & you're making it sound like
Townshend & Daltrey were ready to come to blows!

Roger has often, throughout the Who's live career, "introduced" Pete before
or after Pete got to sing a live number.  I don't see how Pete would be offended
by Roger mentioning his name.

And why, after Pete has to have a *lyric stand* on stage, & after he *flubs*
said lyrics, you interpret his comment of "Now I'll hand you back to the singer"
as some sort of dig at Roger.....I just don't understand.  *He was putting him-
self down & complimenting Roger.*

Why did Moon repeat the comment later on?  Just imitating Pete is my guess.

I hope you're not going to suggest next that when Moon calls John a "horrible
cretin" he was adding to the "frosty" atmosphere!

- SCHRADE in Akron