Frosty Houston

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Sat Feb 12 13:56:35 CST 2005

> Does anyone else get the feeling that Pete and Roger were having
> one of their spats at the Houston '75 gig?

I didn't get that feeling at all.  Everything looked normal to me.  Some
shows, they'll approach each other on stage.  Pete will sometimes "invade"
Roger's space.  And sometimes they lean on each other.

And while they weren't touchy-feely like that at the Houston '75 show,
there didn't seem to be any tension between them.

> After However Much I Booze, Roger announces to the audience, "Pete
> Townshend."  Pete kind of sulks around for a minute then comes up to
> the mic and says, "now I'll hand you back to the singer."

That was a humbling, self-deprecating statement on Pete's part, acknowl-
edging that Roger is the better singer (and can remember the words!).
After Pete says it, you can hear Roger guffawing in embarrassed gratitude.

- SCHRADE in Akron