Stigwood's TOMMY

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 8 14:23:38 CST 2005

>I leave you dear readers to decide if there is any truth in
>this, and think on the fact that if there is, that's another Tommy
>soundtrack and dvd/video to buy!!

Looking back, I thought we'd had a bit more discussion on this, but maybe
that was on another list.

Ya know, it's occurred to me today that TOMMY has some of the elements of
Harry Potter.  After all, Harry was mistreated, forced to sleep under the
stairs and slave away for his foster family, and then he starts off on a
magical journey where he finds his real self and his place in the world.

Interpreted this way, does TOMMY really have potential for a good children's
story?

keets