Roger Offering Songwriting Contest?

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 6 15:39:55 CST 2005

Repost from TheShout:

>I sort of stumbled on this by mistake and I am not sure what it is or if
>everyone all ready knows about it. I came across a website for Splash 107.7
>in Worthing and I read the following: (As far as I can tell it was written
>on January 19, 2005)

THE WHITE ROOM is proud to announce another world exclusive. David Courtney
is offering a chance for budding songwriters to feature on an upcoming album
with Roger Daltrey. "Life Wish" is to feature songs written by the "Next
Generation" of young writers. It is David & Roger’s intention to donate the
record royalties from the album to the Teenage Cancer Trust of which Roger
is a leading patron. The young writers selected will get a unique
opportunity to have their songs performed by one of the world’s leading rock
superstars at the same time as helping unfortunate kids stricken down by
this terrible disease.

Please send demo recordings on cd only consisting of no more than 2 tracks.
Mark your cd clearly with your name, phone number, email address and the
words "for the "Life Wish" project.

Send to:
"Life Wish" Project
c/o David Courtney
The White Room HQ
26 Waterfront
Brighton, BN2 5WA

Sorry if this is me re-hashing old news but I have not heard of this before.
Nor have I seen it on any board or chat room.