Zak to Play at MSG

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 5 08:39:14 CST 2005

Repost from TheShout:

http://www.nme.com/news/story.htm?ID=111297

OASIS PLAN GARDEN PARTY

OASIS are to play a huge NEW YORK date, NME.COM can exclusively reveal.

The band, who will tour the UK in June and July, will also play at the New
York Madison Square Garden on June 22. Support at the show will come from
Jet.

Tickets go on sale on February 12.

The band’s as-yet-untitled LP will hit the shops on May 16 and features 12
songs written by Noel, singer Liam guitarist Gem Archer and bassist Andy
Bell.

Noel Gallagher said: "The finished album is my favourite one of the last
four. Because we're all contributing to the songwriting there's a different
feel to it. In fact the only songs that sound like Oasis are Andy Bell's
funnily enough.

"I've been listening to a lot of Bob Dylan last year, Liam was obviously
some guy who used to be in a band in Liverpool, Gem's a very rock and roll
but not in a Jet way if you know what I mean. Andy's just sound like Oasis,
which is great."

Oasis will head out on a UK stadium tour in the summer, having sold over
330,000 tickets for the dates. The shows are Glasgow Hampden Park (June 29),
City Of Manchester Stadium (30, July 2-3), Southampton Rose Bowl Stadium (6)
and Milton Keynes National Bowl (9-10).

Noel said that the group have "bagged some magnificent support bands" for
the tour, though did not reveal the exact names.