Iron Man

Tom Fency tomfency at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 2 06:38:40 CST 2005

But success doesn't necessarily relate with music's quality. Sometimes it
does (and it's amazing when occurs), but very often it doesn't (please watch
on someday MTV to verify).
Nobody knows the success's formula, although some producers claim that, and
the result is always very poor musically (Madonna, Spears, Aguillera...)

By the way, in Iron Man's plot I see two different stories, each one in a
side of the original LP. In the first half, we see Howarts discovering and
making friendship with the Iron Man, a giant that eats steal and destroy the
farmer's hardware. So the farmers will trap the giant in a big hole, with
helping and betraying of Howard, as the song Dig describes. What is the
symbol? I see Iron Man as a metaphor to the capitalist society (man makes
machines that makes machines that makes man...), a system that creates
wealthy (productions with high technology, as the Iron Man is by itself) as
well poverty (unemployment and destruction of old technologies, as we see
with farmers), a system that is scaring as well is astonishing. In the
second half of the story we see the advent of the Dragon, a marvelous
feminine entity that eats human flesh. What is the symbol? I think the
Dragon represents the hedonism of western societies, a way of escapism and
alienation linked with the materialism and consumerism of the mass
production. And what means the fight between Iron Man and the Dragon? I
think I got it other day in an insight. It means that for you to survive
healthy in ours society you have to exert temperance. Iron Man defeating
Dragon means that we, as a organized society, got to control the materialism
and consumerism (turn Iron Man in a friend) and got to put our behavior in a
moral and ethic way (freeing the Dragon of her perverted addictions).

Tom