Rock Hall's "Night School" Who Lecture

Frate, Chris (EM, PTL) chris.frate at penske.com
Fri Apr 29 09:46:26 CDT 2005

I went too, but I had a lesser impression of the proceedings. For the most part, it seemd like a bunch of guys trying to one-up each other with their Who knowledge (of which I was guilty myself). The only thing I learned that I didn't know before was when Scott corrected the stuttering myth. I had always heard that Roger stuttered because he had trouble reading the lyrics the first time and they liked it and kept it. Since it was raining, I kept looking for a guy in the audience wearing a war-time coat with a big Who symbol on the back, so I could see if Scott was there since I don't know what he looks like. Scott, do you have a goatee and were you sitting in the back? I was the guy who told everyone they should get the TKAA DVD just to watch the "John" channel on Baba and WGFA.

It was fun none-the-less, but since it is hard for me to get out on weeknights and I have the records and videos, I could have skipped this one. On the other hand, it actually might be fun to hear a lecture on a band that I have an interest in, but do not know so well. I'm not going to the Murray Lerner, but am going to try real hard to get to the Marsh, Stamp, and Stein lectures. I'm going to see the exhibit Monday afternoon, so I'll report back on whether or not they did a good job with it.

-Chris in Cleveland