vote for mg for ivors - My Generation vs Yesterday

mobailey at ntlworld.com mobailey at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 28 07:47:11 CDT 2005

> this is from relayers.
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/soldonsong/whatson/ivors2005.shtml
--

Although I felt duty-bound to vote for The Who, I can't help but think that it's not really the best song on this list.

It pains me to admit it, but I believe that "Yesterday" by The Beatles is actually the better song.  I would be surprised if "Yesterday" didn't win this poll (and even more surprised if MG did win it!).

Not only is it such a perfectly classic song, but "Yesterday" has greater sentimental for me: it was playing on the radio as my daughter was being born (a couple of years ago).  (They then played Sister Sledge's "We Are Family" - which was more apt, but without the poignancy.)

Although, for raw power, MG wins hands-down, of course.

-MB

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software
visit www.ntlworld.com/security for more information