bagging on lines

Frate, Chris (EM, PTL) chris.frate at penske.com
Wed Apr 27 13:16:40 CDT 2005

I think that's "her fella's gonna kill me". But you know what has always troubled me about "Water"? What the heck is the live verse that seems to start out "Samson seems sort of sweaty.."? What is Roger saying, and did he come up with those words or did Pete? In Whotabs, Litgo uses:

"Samson seems sorta sweaty
The draftsman they smudged their work
The captain of a ship is swimming
Then just wore off a keen bank clerk"

with a question mark in parentheses, but I'm not so sure about lines 2 and 4. Anybody got any ideas?

-Chris in Cleveland

P.S. Scott I have to get back to you on the bars by the Rock Hall, because I don't go to any downtown, but I know there are a bunch of them nearby in the Flats.