PW, Schrade loses the bet, my 2 cents...

O'Neal, Kevin W. Kevin.ONeal at vtmednet.org
Wed Apr 27 08:19:09 CDT 2005

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade at akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Re: New Song and New Album
>
>Not me.  I like PW's lyrics.  Well-crafted, IMO.
>Kevin O.'s got your back here, I'll bet.

Actually, no.  Pay up.
I like the lyrics.
As you say...."well crafted."
And, the guitar work and overall feel of the (overplayed) song is
driving and motivating.
It's not a wonder they continue to play it live.

It's the fact that Pete went out of his way to make the song to simply
please a critic that always irked me a bit.
Pete compromising his art for sales and popularity?
Never!  ;-)

Jim M. cringing again....

My 2 cents...

YBYB.....dog keeps licking my nose....  Just weird and not up to par
with Pete's average lyrics (although the song has always, and continues
to be a fan favorite.....go figure.).

Sunrise.....absolutely beautiful lyrics that really paint a picture you
can feel in your bones.  BUT IT DOESN'T ROCK!
;-)
Ha!  Just kidding.  I think.  Kind of.
I dunno....just seems so sappy....even for Pete.  Boo-hooey-hooo.
Plus, was it really written for his mom???  E.....U.

WAY song.....great.
WAY album....acquired taste.....doesn't take too long to acquire it
though.

My least favorite of all Who songs (ummm....that's a bold
statement....ummm.....ok, one of my least favorite of all Who songs....)
Did You Steal My Money.
Should have ended up in the trash.
Who gives a rats butt if he stole your money????  And, how many times do
you have to ask...without a return answer....before you pop the bloke in
the nose???!!!  Where ya balls, Pete????
;-)

Ahhh, to have such critical license to rip Pete's songs apart.
Going home now to pay homage and ask for forgiveness at my Who/Pete
shrine.

I have guilt!

Kevin in VT

Confidentiality Notice: