New Song and New Album

Jim M NakedI at comcast.net
Tue Apr 26 11:12:26 CDT 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dereck Evans"

> This is another song i wouldn't mind not hearing at a
> Who gig ever again; along with Pete's solo Drowned.
> Much better with the whole band.

I disagree strongly.  Drowned is among my favorite studio Who songs, but I
haven't heard a live version played by the full band that comes close.  The
rhythm of the song turns into a very mechanical, monotonous march played
live, especially with Roger stomping around.  A lot of the intricacy from
the album version is lost.  Though the feel is completely different, I think
Pete gives it a whole new dimension when he plays it accoustically and it
works much better that way.

> Prehaps Pete should play Blue Red And Grey solo to
> compensate his ego.

No comment.

Jim M