New Song and new album

JimTheWhoFan at aol.com JimTheWhoFan at aol.com
Tue Apr 26 08:20:49 CDT 2005

In a message dated 4/25/2005 6:46:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Sroundtable at aol.com writes:
>>I laughed aloud at this.  New Song is the most artificial, antiseptic,
overly-techno pop-driven song The Who has ever done, and it's rhythm is
incredibly
non-Who.<<

So it's non-Who, with the stops and starts? Big deal? They're not allowed to
play something a little unusual? I don't get this.

Much of the critical banter at the time of WAY'S album release was that
Pete's response to punk was power-pop, exemplified by WAY. Unfortunately, like
everything after WHO BY NUMBERS, it's an uneven album. And Moon sounds tired on
it, god bless him.