New Song and New Album

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Mon Apr 25 18:28:26 CDT 2005

> From: Dereck Evans <delbut98 at yahoo.com>
> Date: April 25, 2005 1:38:59 PM CDT
>
> I agree. In fact, i much prefer Sister Disco to YBYB
> any day. I cringe at the line, your dog keeps licking
> my nose... every time i hear it.
> Probably the worse single they ever put out.

Not quite, but I can't defend that line.  YBYB fits into a category of
song that I consign to the second tier by virtue of its repetition of
one line into glassy-eyed boredom.  Real Good Looking Boy is another.
Eminence Front is another (guitar line, in this case, not lyric).

> Squeeze
> Box comes close to being naf but it has a musical
> quality you can't ignore.

Oh yeah, I can.  Bleah.

And as long as we're bagging on specific lines, "I sure there's not one
of us here who'd say no/To somebody's daughter" always makes me roll my
eyes.

Cheers,
Alan McKendree
Townshend, 1967