RGLB

Sroundtable at aol.com Sroundtable at aol.com
Fri Apr 22 21:38:41 CDT 2005

"Great writers write and rewrite and edit their stuff all the time. It isn't
like some kind of verbal diarrhea."

Nor was that my point.  But to re-write the most important part of what to me
is a good song is just not likely to happen as part of anyone's creative
process.  The lyrics work quite well in the song itself, "he's a real good looking
boy!"  Pete writes what he writes, and isn't going to change his creation
just because the lyrics might make for a controversial title.  Think if he had
done that with Cousin Kevin and Uncle Ernie and Acid Queen, and someone had
talked him into editing them out of Tommy?

Mc