The final chapters........

Jim M NakedI at comcast.net
Fri Apr 22 18:14:22 CDT 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: <JimTheWhoFan at aol.com>

> In a message dated 4/20/2005 8:46:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> NakedI at comcast.net writes:
> >>That's nice.  But, he's got the rest of his life to write a book.  If
this
> album doesn't happen soon, it's never going to happen.<<
>
> I don't want to sound trite here, but nobody's guaranteed another day on
this
> planet. If Pete wants to do the book now, then he should do the book now.

Right, and if he *doesn't* want to do the album, he should stop saying he
*does*.

> I can only draw these conclusions...Pete's OTHER projects are more
important
> to him than is any WHO2 album. I'm with Scott...I'd rather read the
autobio
> than hear a Who2 album. I'd rather see live Who on DVD from their younger
days.

Why should we need to make that choice?  Why would *any* Who activity stand
in the way of archival releases?  Why isn't *all* quality footage available
by now?  In lieu of new material, wouldn't that have been ideal promotion
for the last two tours?

> RGLB...man, I'm sorry, but that's an embarrassing song.

I liked it.  A few days ago, I heard the start of Can't Help Falling in Love
and my ears pricked up, like they do when you hear a Who song in public.
Then I realized it was Elvis!

>  Forgive me, but if the WHO2 album really, really, really mattered to
Pete, he'd throw himself
> into it.

That's fair.

> He wouldn't hand off performance duties to his brother.

That's not.  He isn't.  Not performance, anyway.

Jim M