More on family reaction to John auction and The final chapters........

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Thu Apr 21 14:27:35 CDT 2005

> From: JOELTLE515 at aol.com
> Date: April 21, 2005 12:30:25 AM CDT
>
> can't they put the stuff in storage or somethin' like that? I heard
> you can
> do that.

Yes, storage exists in England.  You ARE aware there were over 750 lots
sold at auction, right?  I'll be happy to e-mail you the lot listing if
you can't get it from humberts.co.uk.  My guess is the family
considered the benefit of having 50+ rooms' worth of furniture, fragile
collectibles, statuary, rugs, records, books etc. wrapped up to
preserve it from long-term rot, insects, vermin, water etc., stacking
it all up on top of each other like in a moving van in
climate-controlled storage (more expensive), shut away from any
daylight or use, and having to pay the bill every month for the
privilege, with no prospect of ever unpacking it all -- and they made
the common-sense and yet unpleasant decision to sell it while it is
still in good condition.  I can't believe this is so hard to
understand.

> on u2:
>
> what about "all because of you"? that was another good rocker from that
> album. "Love and peace or else" had a good rock feel to it also,
> although it
> started pretty slow.

All Because of You wasn't great, nor was it bad.  Is it the one that
was an homage to The Who?

Cheers,
Alan McKendree
Townshend, 1967