Entwistle Auction

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Thu Apr 21 14:06:50 CDT 2005

> From: "L. Bird" <pkeets at hotmail.com>
> Date: April 20, 2005 11:01:00 PM CDT
>
>> :sigh:: if the family collectively feels this way, why auction this
>> stuff
>> off in the first place?
> As I understand it, they need the money to pay the death taxes.

As I understand it, they had to sell the estate to pay the taxes.
Having done so, there's no place to put the leftover stuff; thus the
sale.  I doubt that this last auction of household goods would make the
difference between being able and not being able to pay the tax.

Cheers,
Alan McKendree
Townshend, 1967