Elvis Costello and The Who

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Mon Sep 27 16:53:15 CDT 2004

> well, it's probably like someone not listening to springsteen after "born in
> the USA" came out, or hell, not listening to elvis costello after "spike"
> because he disbanded the attractions.

Exactly.  I really shouldn't be so confused by these "half Who fans."
After all, I'm half a U2 fan; I don't care for any U2 after JOSHUA
TREE.

Still, these "half Who fans" frustrate me because when I started getting
into the band it was all-inclusive.  I was just as excited by the '60s-era
stuff as I was by the '70s & '80s incarnations.

But there are tons of those "half Who fans" out there, let me tell ya'.
And they really love the "early Who," but they vehemently despise the
"later Who."

Too bad.

- SCHRADE in Akron

"Origins" starts tomorrow!  Sept. 28.  On PBS!
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/origins/about.html