Who's R&B

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 08:05:54 CDT 2004

> Country.  I think they turn to country music.

Keets:

WASH your mouth out, young lady!

> Man, you gotta meet the bass player in my band; he's
a big Earth, Wind & Fire fan.

Scott:

I'd love to meet him.

> their name to fit the current line-up.  Earth Wind &
Smolder.

I guess it happens to them all.

> Hey!  This is an imaginary tale!  You said *instead*
of breaking up!

Right. And in a round-about way, you finally admitted:

> Of course one would pick the R&B road over a
*breakup.*

Let me make sure I heard you right, what was that
again?

> Of course one would pick the R&B road over a
*breakup.*

Yeah...I think you're right.

> I'm telling you what *would* have happened!

Because...you can magically see into the future?
Talking about an imaginary tale...

> Ya, with the New Wave & all.  (?)

Yeah, like Eurythmics (Rog covered one of their songs)
and Dexy's Midnight Runners and Soft Cell and The
Motels and Thomas Dolby and Edy Grant and Boy George
and Simple Minds and George Michaels and Alyson Moyet
and...

> And Hair Metal.

Thanks anyway...

> Examples, please.

Hiding Out, Uniforms, Early Morning Dreams...

> You spelled "realist" wrong.

Nice try.

> You've gone from "What Would've Happened....?" to
"R&B Or Bust."

No I haven't. And they DID "bust."

> Why couldn't Pete have concentrated more on the
keyboards & gone in a Brian Eno direction?

Well, for one thing that Progressive Rock is so over.
He DID concentrate on keyboards and as a result some
of his solo work sounds very dated, unlike Who music.

> Plus Pete's trademark guitar sound.  More
experimental - like the TOMMY & LIFEHOUSE
demos?

See above.

> Fuck R&B; give me experimental.

Who says they couldn't co-exist?

"We know that dictators are quick to choose
aggression."
       George "preemptive" Bush

=====
Cheers         ML