Elvis Costello on The Who

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 06:13:05 CDT 2004

>From Rolling Stone at:
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/6487138/elviscostello?pageid=rs.NewsArchive&pageregion=mainRegion

...Between five and sixteen, I lived in Twickenham [in
London]. The Rolling Stones were playing nearby, at
the Station Hotel in Richmond. The Who were at Eel Pie
Island. The Yardbirds lived in the next street. They
had a van with YARDBIRDS written on it. I'd see
[Fleetwood Mac guitarist] Peter Green in this record
shop I used to go to - looking like Jesus in his rugby
shirt and long hair.

I was living in rock & roll central, although I didn't
think so at the time. I was into American stuff and
the Beatles. I never paid attention to the Who after
"I Can See for Miles." I've never heard Tommy. I don't
own a copy of Who's Next...

=====
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!