Marquee Club - sorta Who related
pkeets at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 20 20:31:35 CDT 2004
LONDONs legendary MARQUEE CLUB is to relaunch with six night of free music
in aid of OXFAMs MAKE TRADE FAIR campaign.
The club celebrates moving to its new Leicester Square location with The
Breakthrough Festival, a ten-day event which kicks off on September 27.
Acts such as The Hidden Cameras, Amplifier and Art Brut will all play at the
event, with gig goers encouraged to donate to the charity publicly supported
by Coldplays Chris Martin.
The club, which reached notoriety at its Wardour Street address in Soho, saw
acts such as Jimi Hendrix, U2, REM and The Who play at the venue.
The festival line up is as follows:
* The Magic Numbers/The Tiny (September 27)
* New Rhodes/Tom Vek/Fans Of Kate/Culture Industry (28)
* Dirty Vegas (29)
* Amplifier/Mau Maus/The Aeroplanes (30)
* Time For Change Benefit featuring acoustic sets from David Poe/Robyn
Hitchcock/Darren Hayman / Imogen Heap/Ed Harcourt (October 1)
* Atr Brut/Kaito / Help She Cant Swin (4)
* The Hidden Cameras (5)
* Do Me Bad Things/Towers Of London/Dead! Dead! Dead! (8)
FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar get it now!
More information about the TheWho