Senior moments

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Sun Sep 19 23:10:14 CDT 2004

> Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 00:43:45 EDT
> From: JOELTLE515 at aol.com
>> Brian
>> Wilson has some fairly definite problems and he looked like a complete
>> zombie while he was performing [at Bridge Benefit, 1999].
>
> mm, not sure about that. he seemed fine when I saw clips of the show
> in the documentary "brian wilson on tour". he even met up with neil
> and I think pete as well.

I was there, and I am sure.  He was embarrassing.  Whether from
medication, stage fright, brain fry or "what have you", he had a
noticeably glassy, deer-in-the-headlights stare and mechanical,
monotonic delivery of what sounded like half-remembered stage banter
from their shows in the '60s.  The backup singers carried the weight
and delivered beautiful renditions of "California Girls" among others.
If Brian looked "normal" in the documentary it was skilful editing; IMO
he had no business being on stage.

Cheers,
Alan McKendree
Townshend, 1967