Who's R&B

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 18 10:54:51 CDT 2004

>Power chords just aren't an element of R&B.

One thing about those definitions I posted--none of them allow for
development.  According to the references, R&B was limited to a 20 year time
period and then transmuted to soul at the end of the sixties.  It'd be
interesting to trace the development.  Obviously the rock bands picked up
the technique, but where else did it go?  Funk, I gather from Mark's post.
Then what?  Rap?

What is that stuff called these days that say, Christina Aguilera sings?

keets