The Man Room reviews Boston DVD

O'Neal, Kevin W. Kevin.ONeal at vtmednet.org
Thu Sep 16 08:04:08 CDT 2004

>Brian Cady
>The Man Room reviews Boston DVD
>
>On line at:
>http://www.themanroom.com/dvds_tmr.php?rop=tmr_review&id=285
>
>Townsend's interview in
>particular caught me by surprise. While I knew that he
>wrote most of The Who's songs, he is not shy to let it
>be known that he is who makes The Who what they are.

Ouch.
What's this about?
Scott?
I cringe when I read stuff like this.
<awaiting the arrival of this DVD and IOW DVD any day
now....waiting....waiting...>

>Some musical performers definitely stay around too
>long and wind up embarrassing themselves in the later
>years. The Who is not in that group. It's different
>seeing only two original members and a supporting
>cast, but it is an entertaining show. Long time fans
>will not be disappointed and it wouldn't hurt the
>younger crowd to give a viewing to this one.

One of the most even handed descriptions I've read in a while.
The new album will really be a turning point.
The direction of that turn remains to be seen.

Kevin in VT