White City and Sineadicide

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 20:29:30 CDT 2004

> But I still stick to my statement that Pete is a
crafty enough writer not to necessarily have to rely
on his immediate, emotional, 'this-is
what-I'm-feeling-right-now' songs - in order to
construct one of his musical concept pieces.

Scott:

I'm not going to argue with that, but I would counter
with his history showing that he does take songs which
are "lying around" and adapt them. According to him.
And I still stick to MY statement that great songs
come from an inspiration, not from a need for
something to fit in HERE, like a puzzle. You're saying
something that sounds a LOT like he wrote WC in a very
workmanlike way. Workmanlike gets you Journey-type
songs, or at best Dream Theater-type songs.
Constructed, not inspired.

> Fiction indeed!  That Jim.  What *will* he say next?

That lovable but crazy mixed-up kid, huh?

> What are you.....sick or something?

Oh, come ON! O'Connor's songs aren't in the same
league with those of Chapman. She's...more like...Pop
music. Pop Pop Pop Music...boogie with a suitcase...

> You just secured yourself a Sinead comp comin' in
the mail, pal.  For *that* comment.

No, Please in the name of the right reverend Carl
Sagan, NO! I've had ALL of her CDs in my store. I'm
familiar with her work. Trust me on this. I do not
want what I don't have...by her.

> Worth the price for this stuff alone.

I guess that's a good thing, considering that the
performance is (in the words of Eric Cartman) weak.

"The state can do what they want to do."
"Today I call upon the Congress to promptly pass an
amendment to our Constitution defining and protecting
marriage as a union of man and woman as husband and
wife."
   George "Flip-Flopper In Chief" Bush

=====
Cheers         ML