Fan meeting options

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 12 08:54:05 CDT 2004

Here's an interesting repost from WhoAreYou.  If the Wholapaloozas don't
continue, this might be another option for informal get-togethers.  I
haven't checked it out.

>There is a website that helps organize informal, free, get
togethers on various topics, and I noticed 70's music is one of the
topics. On www.meetup.com, if at least 5 people in any
given local city, sign up to meet a local area (like a restaurant) a
local meetup is on, a great way to make new friends! They recur
monthly, so if you miss a month, is ok, try again next month. Not
alot of people singed up yet, so i hope to get the word out! The
next event is Oct 14, 8pm! (local time, so whatever time
zone you are in,it is 8pm your time). There needs to be at least 5
people in your city that sign up, mpre info on their website. Hope
this opportunity grows, and we all get to meet other Who fans in
person. By the way, you can also suggest new topics. So lets try to
sign up for next months! Thanks, Ron from Sarasota,FL.