White City/Raging Moon

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 08:49:53 CDT 2004

> Wow. Thanks for that perspective.

David:

That's what the list is here for! More of it is
welcome.

> I'm going to listen to that CD today with
new ears.

While you're at it, you might want to give Under A
Raging Moon a listen too. Because, as a follow-up,
I've felt a good bit of that album is also about the
breakup. For instance, After The Fire (if we consider
"the Fire" as The Who) certainly leans in that
direction. And Pete wrote that one.

"After the fire the fire still burns/The heart grows
older but never ever learns/The memories smolder and
the soul always yearns/After the fire the fire still
burns."

Especially considering the song for Roger with HIS
feelings about The Who. Can we assume Rog chose the
songs?

Don't Talk To Strangers
"The voice brings back memories/I'd rather forget that
other side of life/In the shadows of the blue
room/Those were free and easy times/We were never far
behind/The innocence abused/With every hall we played
unaware of the masquerade..."

And about Pete:

"The darkest regions of a writer's heart/Gave us songs
that tore the world apart/In the shadows of the blue
room/It promised fame and opened doors/Still it left
me wanting more..."

And then, of course, the title track is about Keith.

Fodder for thought...UARM was Roger's first solo album
after the breakup.

"In other words, there's no sanctions—you can't—we're
out of sanctions."
  George "I need still some OTHER words" Bush

=====
Cheers         ML