White City

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 4 21:12:45 CDT 2004

>From the first time I heard White City, Pete's first post-breakup solo
>album, I felt it was Pete commenting on the breakup of the band. A lot of
>what I read into it was echoed by Pete's comments in interviews and
>released statements. Scott asked me my reasoning for
it, so here I go...

This album is general enough that it can be interpreted many different ways.
  The only thing certain is that it reflects what Pete was feeling when he
wrote the songs.  I agree that Pete felt a definite break in his life, but I
think he was saying "good-by" to more than just the band--it was to his
whole life up to that time.

keets