Thompson Ad

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Thu Sep 2 20:33:07 CDT 2004

> Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 8:33:58 +0000
> From: <mobailey at ntlworld.com>
> Subject: Thompson Ad
>
> Although this song isn't by the Who, it's very similar to their
> mid-sixties sound.
>
> A few minutes investigation on the internet has revealed that the song
> is "Biff Bang Pow" by The Creation.  Anyone else seen this ad or know
> this song?

Haven't seen the ad.  Know the song well.  Do yourself a favor and pick
up The Creation's anthology "Our music is red -- with purple flashes"
on eBay or elsewhere.  It's their entire recorded output, 24 tracks.
You'll be stunned at how much they sound like early Who (or vice
versa), plus you'll hear bits reminiscent of early Beatles plus the
invention of the guitar solo with violin bow, which Jimmy Page later
nicked.  Mandatory listening for anyone interested in mod/freakbeat.

Cheers,
Alan McKendree
Townshend, 1967