Excerpts from new Pete interview

Bruce bkawak at chartertn.net
Thu Sep 2 17:54:08 CDT 2004

> "It records so well. It has quite a crisp sound for such a large guitar,
and
> my first one (now in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum) actually had a
> metal tunamatic bridge. I may try this on a variant of my signature
model."

I got to see it last June when I visited the HOF.  I was tempted to grab it
"just taking a guitar, pay you Tuesday!"  I don't think they would have
appreciated the humour.  They have people standing around to make sure no
one squeezes the Charmin. :)

> The SG: "Some these sold for high sums. If it comes back now it will
> definetely come back with a whammy bar!"

They came with whammy bars, he had them removed! :)

> Others: "No Les Paul Deluxe as yet, but I'm thinking about it. I am also
> thinking about Signature guitars by Rickenbacker and Fender. It would be
fun
> to make an indestrcutible guitar wouldn't it?"

Which he would smash just to prove it wasn't.

> On future 5.1 rereleases:
>
> "Who's Next has missing master reels. I would like to hear a 5.1 Surround
> version of Live at Leeds but it isn't scheduled yet. Empty Glass is one
I'd
> also like to do."

Another L at L, stop the madness. :)

Bruce