Pete's tribute to Hendrix

Bruce bkawak at chartertn.net
Thu Oct 28 16:23:30 CDT 2004

> But Clapton and Page and Beck, they're not dead and every great guitarist
> has talked about them, in a way or other. But Pete.... total silence....

In a word "flash,"  Pete never had it.  Don't get me wrong I love his
playing and it was perfect for The Who moreso than any other guitarist could
hope to be.
While the others were setting the world on it's ear in '67 with their
innovations on the instrument, Pete was playing a single note solo on I Can
C 4 Miles.  However, that solo is perfect for the song.

It's the same reason no one talks about what great bass players Noel
Redding, Bill Wyman, and John Paul Jones are but rave over the likes of John
Entwistle and Jack Bruce.  By the way Beck's bass player at this time was
pretty good, some guy named Ronnie Wood.  :)

Bruce