The Who TV now - Friday

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Mon Oct 25 18:47:49 CDT 2004

> I did get a copy of the movie Quadrophenia from ebay and it is 2,000 times
> better then I remember it!!!  Very intense.......there was some music on  there
> that wasn't on the album.  Does anyone know if that music is on the album
> from the movie?

Yeah, that was a song called "Get Out & Stay Out" & it can be found on both
the old CD & the newer reissue of the QUAD soundtrack.  And it's on the old
vinyl album, as well.

There are two other songs on the soundtrack that aren't on the original album
& aren't featured in the film.  They are "Four Faces" & "Joker James.

> Question:  Did the Tommy Remaster DVD ever get released in the  US?

I don't think it did.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

> Secret Policeman's Ball ($3.00, I bought it)

Good choice.  "Drowned" is quite stirring.

> Smash  your Head on the Wall ($8.00, they are holding it for me).

*Against* the wall!  ;-)  Another good choice.  The title track is great.

> There was a  copy of an album....forgot exactly the name (something flower
> hour power  ???)

That would be the King Biscuit Flower Hour live radio concert from 1973.
We were just discussing that here.

> but it was so rare it was priced at $125.00!!

If that was just an old vinyl boot then it's *way* overpriced.  If it's some sort
of official disc that was sent out to radio stations by the King Biscuit organ-
ization then it's still overpriced - but not surprising.

- SCHRADE in Akron