Pete on R&R Circus

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Mon Oct 18 17:06:04 CDT 2004

> He moreso than normal seems to be making his answers up as he goes.
> You can almost "see" him coming up with the responses.

That's the vibe I got, too.  Pete isn't a stranger to flying off on tangents
when being interviewed but he just didn't seem as lucid as he usually is.

> It might be that this is a Stones project and he wants to be sure to put
> them in a good light,

I'm sure he's well aware about people's opinions concerning whether or
not The Who "upstaged" the Stones at the event.  He makes a good case,
however, that The Who were "green" & the Stones were brilliant.  I'm
not really a Stones fan but I thought they performed very well.  Better
than Altamont!  And Hyde Park, too!

- SCHRADE in Akron