Marketing opportunity?

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 16 21:16:58 CDT 2004

I flew all over the Eastern US today trying to get where I wanted to go.  I
snored for a couple of hours and then entertained myself by reading the
United in-flight audio listings.  This looks like some kind of marketing
deal.  Does anybody know how it works?  Who pays who?  I gather it's another
method to get around the vast wasteland of contemporary radio?

Anyhow, they go like this:

Example of featured artist/album:
Interscope Records presents Loretta Lynn
Host: Martina McBride
Interview: Loretta Lynn
(Listing of tracks)

They have several categories where they list artists, including:
Center Stage
Classical Collection
Soft Sounds
Music from the Americas