Riffin' and a-raffin', peepin' and a-hidin, ' been told a long time ago...

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 08:20:11 CDT 2004

> Gotta agree.  No riff in "My Generation."  Too few
notes?  No riff in "Won't Get Fooled Again," either.

Scott:

EXCELLENT example of a song driven by a strong guitar
which is not playing a riff!

> Depends on how the chords are used....

Lew:

(frustrated noise)

> You Really Got Me = 2 chords ... but is a phat riff
indeed !

I think so too.

> MG = no riff
> Baba = no riff
> MG = no riff
> ICE = no riff

OK, so now what's your second MG on here? But I
disagree if you're saying You Really Got Me has a riff
but ICE doesn't. Next you'll be telling me that All
Day And All Of The Night and Till The End Of The Day
don't have riffs.

> it's all in the application...........subtly
different in nuance, greatly different in impact!

I'm trying to decipher that.

Just kidding!

"You know, there's a main stream in American politics
and you sit right on the far left bank."
   George "up the creek without a paddle" Bush

=====
Cheers         ML