to Riff, or Not to Riff ...THAT is the question!

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 12:12:01 CDT 2004

> I would say then, Mr. Mark, that we have distinctly
different opinion as to
what, exactly, a "riff," is.

Lew:

Given the subject title of Guitar solos, and the
common expression that someone is who is soloing can
be said to be "riffing," I meant the guitar solo. I
wasn't talking about the riff that drives the song.
Can power chords be a riff? So that, say, I Can't
Explain's four chords would be considered a riff? I
would say Yes, but you may not...going by a more
stricter definition.

"Need some wood?"
  George "I don't even know what I own" Bush

=====
Cheers         ML