Paul Reubens

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 8 17:57:02 CDT 2004

>The description of this result also gets it wrong about Paul Reuben; he was
>arrested for jacking
off in a porno movie theatre, not anything that had to do with child porn.

Actually, Reubens has been in trouble more recently, about the same time as
Pete.  It appeared to be a test case (and a similar witch hunt), as he was
arrested for pictures of underage models in a historic archive he owned of
classic porn.  The LA DA declined to prosecute, so the country attorney
brought the charges.  Since the archive predated the law, they couldn't
actually convict Reubens of anything, but they did harass him for some time,
and finally settled on his pleading guilty to an obscenity charge.  I
believe there is some provision for appeal, but I haven't heard anything
about it since.

keets