The BEST live Who EVER

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Sat Oct 2 19:08:35 CDT 2004

> John was completely tripping (spiked) at the time.  He plays his My Gen.
> solo during the second verse.

I'm more inclined to believe he did that on purpose because at another point
he does a dipsy-doodle slide in that area.  He often cautiously played around
at those points in the song, as would Pete.  And it always varied.  Sometimes
the bass finger-rolls would come early, sometimes during the last verse.

> His bass sounds like he blew some speakers, way too distorted.

No way!  I love that bass sound!  A blown speaker is usually more "crackly,"
&, one would hope, would get switched off by a roadie.  That bass sound
on the Woodstock boot is pure fuzz distortion.  Nasty-ass shit.  I love it.

> Most of the setlists and concert quotes in Concert File are from yours
> truly. :)

Hey now!  Bruce speaks the truth!  He's even credited in the book!

> Hey I was nice too. :)

Holy shit!  I didn't know you were at the Atlanta 2000 preshow party, Bruce.
Then again, I didn't really know you back then.  Most of my memories from
that day are of how utterly scary, frightening, & mean Mark Leaman looked.
I still have nightmares.

- SCHRADE in Akron