What Zak's Up To

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 1 23:50:19 CDT 2004

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/0/623F9BC40B469E8A80256F1E004BD111!opendocument

OASIS AIM FOR STARR PARTNERSHIP

OASIS are desperate to get former BEATLES drummer RINGO STARR to play on
their next album.

The WONDERWALL band will first travel to Los Angeles to finish work on the
disc, their sixth studio effort, where they will record with Starr's drummer
son ZAK STARKEY.

And, according to guitarist NOEL GALLAGHER, while they are in the city, they
hope to persuade Starr to get involved too.

Gallagher says, "Zak will drum on the bulk of it. And we're gonna try –
while we're out there – to get his dad down the studio because he lives in
LA.

"So we're gonna try and get him on because we've got this one song which is
quiteÂ…well, f***ing funnily enough, it sounds like The Beatles, and we're
gonna try and get him and his dad on the same track. Then again Ringo might
just tell us to f*** off."

Gallagher has also spoken of Oasis' plans to tour as soon as the album is
finished. It will be the band' first full tour since July 2002.

He adds, "To be honest, we spent that much money f***ing p***ing about on
the new album we'll be touring it for the next four years. So by the time
this next album cycle comes around everyone will be sick to f***ing death of
Oasis.

"We'll have to play London 15 times I'd have thought, but we'll have to
start doing gigs sharpish."