The BEST live Who EVER

Bruce bkawak at chartertn.net
Fri Oct 1 23:25:13 CDT 2004

> That's the one I have. It has some sort of, I can only
> describe it as the sound gets thicker and thinner.
> It's been that way with every boot I've heard of the
> show. This is definitely the best I've had, but it's
> so close to being right...it annoys me. The "thicker"
> sound comes between songs, but more often than not
> doesn't end until after the next song has started.

That's because the audio source is a video tape.

> > This got me to thinking about the Woodstock '69
> boot.
> That's some of my favorite live Who, right there.
>
> Really? I find that show to be a bit rushed. And no,
> I'm not referring to the fact that most boots of the
> show are too fast. I fixed that. It just seems they
> were trying to get it over with ASAP.

John was completely tripping (spiked) at the time.  He plays his My Gen.
solo during the second verse.  His bass sounds like he blew some speakers,
way too distorted.

> > Take it up with the authors of CONCERT FILE.
>
> My source obviously took it right from the boot.

Most of the setlists and concert quotes in Concert File are from yours
truly. :)

> > We met one of the authors, Joe McMichael, in Atlanta
> in 2000.  Remember
> Mark?  He was really nice.
>
> Yes, I do. Hey, everyone was great that night. You
> know the preshows are as good as the shows to me. I
> wish there'd been a post-show, but the bar had closed
> when we went back.

Hey I was nice too. :)

Bruce