Houston '75

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 27 23:40:41 CST 2004

>Well, that could be interesting.  So, do Japanese DVDs play in US players?
And, is there some difference in Japanese copyright law that would allow
this to be sold legally over there?

I'm sure Japanese DVDs play as well as any other.  There may be a region
coding, but if so, it's no more a problem than playing a UK DVD.  (See other
threads for discussion of DVD players, hackability, etc.)

I don't think this is a matter of copyright.  As I understand it, the owners
of the film own the copyright, but under US or UK law, they need permission
of the band to distribute the film.  Also, I understand that the Japanese
DVD industry runs heavily to black market, so they may not be concerned
about minor problems like permissions.

keets